-
November 10th, 2009, 10:50 AM
#1
Inactive Member
Re: A heartbreaking shame
There was an old Lowes Theater in Syracuse NY (now called Landmark Theater). I too spent much of my youth going to movies in that theater. By the late 70's is was in about as bad shape as this one is. But an action committee was formed and the theater was saved. It is no where near what it use to be....But at least they saved it. To restore it to it's original would cost MILLIONS. Just to replace one of the chandeliers would have cost $400.
-
November 10th, 2009, 11:36 AM
#2
Senior Hostboard Member
Re: A heartbreaking shame
SD-50...
Ahh man that would be waaaaay too tempting for me not to resist......
Too bad I am only 1k from there or I would be on those like white on rice.....
Hmmm,, wonder if the wife is interested in a weekend road trip, lol!!!
-chris
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.
Bookmarks